Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Mid-Summer Update

I know, I know. It's more like a late-summer update. Sorry about that. It's been a crazy couple of months. Isabel started standing, which quickly led to walking. She took her first steps on 7/9/08 (at 11 months and 1 week).



Now she's flying around at warp speeds and I'm just trying to keep up. She's so adorable, and so tough. She falls, bumps her head, and gets right back up. The only things that make this girl cry are hunger and taking away her toys (ahem, my car keys in particular.) She's so happy, so curious, and so beautiful I want to squeeze her til she pops.



So we just celebrated her 1st birthday on Saturday, which was great. It was SO SO hot here, but the kids played in the back yard on our slip-n-slide and had a great time. I'm including a few pictures for everyone to see. The highlight of the party was Isabel devouring her birthday cake. Literally, devouring. Remember the T-Rex from Jurassic Park? That dude has NOTHING on Isabel when it comes to swiping food in a hurry.



Take care, everyone. More updates soon.



Squeezes and smacks,

LaSon







Smiling Isabel around 9am on her 1st birthday!






Isabel playing on the slip-n-slide




Isabel dancing (Ok, so she wasn't really dancing. It looks like it though, right??)




That cake was finger lickin' good!




And you thought I was kidding when I said she devoured it. That cake was gone in under 5 minutes. That's MY GIRL!


No comments: