Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Attack of 'The Really Bad Day'

So I had a bad day. Yes, I realize I'm not setting any world records here. I'm not the first person ever to have a bad day. I'm not having the 'Worst Day Ever'. I'm not having the longest bad day ever (don't know if that's even possible, except in the movie Groundhog Day.)
That doesn't change the fact that this just was not my 'Best Day Ever'.


Here's how my day was supposed to go:

  • Take kids to sitter
  • Go to work
  • Have meeting
  • Work on project 1
  • Go to lunch
  • Meet with boss
  • Work on project 2
  • Go to gym
  • Pick up kids from sitter
  • Go home and make dinner

Lots of blah, blah, blah after that.

Here's how it really went:

  • Take kids to sitter
  • Go to work
  • Have meeting
  • Work on project 1 (for 2 minutes)
  • Learn of big crisis on project D

What is project D you ask? "D" stands for "Done" - as in I thought I was done with this project. It's in the bag, ready to go, no more flowing of the creative juices, being technicall saavy, or pulling out my hair in frustration. It's party time, because this baby is D-O-N-E.


Nah, that would make life WAY too easy. Screw easy, that can't be fun. Let's throw a wrench in and make life interesting!! I was dangerously near tears several times today. I don't know why, but I am beyond the adjective "frustrated" at this project. I just want to be finished with it and get the program started! It's time to be proud of the fruits of my labors, already!

So here I am, ready to work on projects 1 & 2, and I'm stuck spending most of my day on project D. (In D's defense, I spent almost 3 hours in that meeting first thing in the morning, so D is not really to blame for the chunk of my morning that went missing.)

I wish I was one of those people who could go to the gym and burn off frustration. Instead, I'm the person who wants to go home, climb into bed, and lay in the fetal position for hours on end. I still went to the gym, and I tried to vent my anger on the elliptical. But seriously? How does that work when you don't even have an actual human to be angry at? So I finished my workout and left, still angry, yet physically drained.

So now I am home with my two monkeys. They're being pretty cute tonight, so I can't complain about that.

Please, everyone pray for me - I am really hoping tomorrow is a better day. Thanks for listening. Here's a cute picture of Nicholas to put us all back in our happy place.




I love this kid... sometimes he looks and acts just like me.

Squeezes & Smacks

1 comment:

The Spunky Mommy said...

Glad the blog issues are resolved. Would love to say it was me. T'wasn't though...

Anyway, I tagged you to do a new "Lemonade Meme"

http://spunkymommy.blogspot.com/2008/04/ode-to-lemons.html

You're it!